On 15 June at 16:00. The Media Literacy Coalition will present the results of the first national survey on the digital-media skills of high school students in Bulgaria. The survey was carried out in partnership with the Center for Evaluation in Pre-School and School Education at the Ministry of Education and with the support of the Active Citizens Fund within the framework of the project “Integral Approach for the Development of Students’ Media Literacy”. The analysis of the results will be followed by an expert discussion.
During the event, the results of the study “Teachers’ attitudes and practices regarding media literacy in secondary schools”, conducted by a team of the UNWE, will be presented. The winners of the Media Literacy in My Subject competition for teachers, organized by the Media Literacy Coalition within the framework of the Media Literacy Days 2022 campaign, will also be announced. The campaign is conducted annually by the Media Literacy Coalition with support from the U.S. Embassy Small Grants Program.
The event is 150 minutes long and will be held in the Kepler Hall of the Launchee Conference and Training Hub [CUM, 2 Knyaginya Maria Louisa Blvd]. Registration is required.
- Opening – Antoaneta Vassileva, Member of the Board of the Media Literacy Coalition
- Presentation of the project “Integral Approach for the Development of Students’ Media Literacy” – Kristina Hristova, Chairperson of the Media Literacy Coalition
- Representativeness of the first national survey on digital-media skills of high school students – Neda Kristanova, Director of the Center for Assessment in Preschool and School Education
- Analysis and recommendations from the survey, presentation of the analytical report – Iglika Ivanova, Chief Media Literacy Expert at the Media Literacy Coalition
- Teachers’ attitudes and practices regarding media literacy in secondary schools – presentation of survey results – Svetla Tsankova, Department of Media and Public Communications, UNWE
- Comments and discussion with the participation of:
- prof. Prof. Neli Ognyanova, Sofia University “Sv. Emanuil Georgiev, Center for Safe Internet
- Prof. Akseniya Boneva, Chair of the Media Literacy Council at the Ministry of Culture
- Awarding of the teachers awarded in the competition “Media literacy through my subject
- “Questions from journalists
The campaign “Media Literacy Days 2022” is organized with the financial support of the Small Grants Program of the US Embassy in Bulgaria and with the support of the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Education and Science, UNICEF Bulgaria, the Lachezar Tsotzorkov Foundation and the Europe Program of Sofia Municipality.
The project Integral Approach for the Development of Students’ Media Literacy is implemented jointly by the Coalition for Media Literacy, the Centre for Assessment in Pre-School and School Education and the Ministry of Education and Science. It is implemented with financial support provided by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway under the EEA Financial Mechanism and is a direct follow-up to the 2020 project “Media Literacy Skills Index and Survey Methodology for High School Students”. The aim of both projects is to support the targeted and comprehensive development of media literacy in Bulgaria – both through public school network channels and through NGO projects.
This website was created with the financial support of the Active Citizens Fund Bulgariaunder the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area. The entire responsibility for its content lies with the Media Literacy Coalition and under no circumstances can it be assumed that this website reflects the official opinion of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism and the Operator of the Active Citizens Fund Bulgaria.
[translated automatically from the original in Bulgarian]